Saturday, December 21, 2013

THE EXISTENTIAL CHALLENGE (Facebook 8/20/10)

August 20, 2010 at 6:26pm

Larry: O.k., Wayne. I'm giving you one last chance. Can you at least admit that illegitimate states have an ILLEGITIMATE right-to-exist?

Wayne: This is tough one. How 'bout this formulation: Illegitimate states have an illegitimate claim to a right to exist (that is, no legitimate claim at all and no right)....
Have I finally gotten it right?

Larry: Uh, not sure. It's hard to wrap my brain around existential stuff.  But they've always taken the "right to exist" thing so seriously. So it makes me wonder whether Israel actually IS in danger of going... POOF!

Wayne: That would give us a one-state solution?

Larry: ...unless Disney Corp is interested.

[comment by WK] Is the existential threat to Israel really Iran ... or is it perhaps not rather Israeli racism. I think that the enemy within is the more dangerous. If Israeli apartheid is dismantled, the threat from Iran will go ... POOF!

[comment by LL]  But many say that if they don't keep the Palestinians separate, then Israel itself will go ... POOF!  I guess they really DO have a serious problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment