Thursday, December 19, 2013

I bought the pdaPhoneCameraVoicerecorderBrowser (MySpace 4/26/2008)

I bought the pdaPhoneCameraVoicerecorderBrowser
Subject I bought the pdaPhoneCameraVoicerecorderBrowser
DateCreated 4/26/2008 1:10:00 AM
PostedDate 4/26/2008 1:16:00 AM
Body ... a followup to 1-15-08

I was carrying too much gear around. I had two address books, one on the Palm, one on the cell. Then, recently, the eleven year old Palm started doing "spontaneous hard resets".

Yes, it was time for a change.

So I went shopping on eBay for a Treo 650. Dozens are being sold daily, but it's still a sellers' market. I silently waited for a gap in the frenzy, and then - with only seconds to go - pounced on an under-hyped, poorly photographed, and under-bid unit. (heh, heh, heh)

Ten days later it arrived, and, yes, the screen was pristine - no scratches or blemishes. Yeah!

Then I noticed that the stylus was missing. Noooo, the seller hadn't specifically mentioned a stylus. And, funny, the unit was being held together with only two screws. Such a deal? But it worked. After several weeks, I really can't find anything wrong.

Back to eBay. Accessories for "Fred," the phone: five tiny screws, stylus, data cable, case, cradle, new battery, screen protector, mono-headset for driving, stereo headset for music, installation CD.

Maybe low-balling wasn't such a good idea.

PROS
- The screen is bright, I can read it clearly.
- Google Maps ... yeah!

CONS
- No WiFi.
- I'm supposed to type with my thumbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment