Thursday, December 19, 2013

driving on the left side of the Lord (MySpace 2/21/2008)

driving on the left side of the Lord
Subject driving on the left side of the Lord
DateCreated 2/21/2008 8:43:00 PM
PostedDate 2/21/2008 8:37:00 PM
Body The streetcars were at a standstill, so I walked an extra block and caught a bus. I got off at my stop, and walked back to the streetcar line. Right there was the problem. A little car was blocking the tracks, all four tires flat, with one side pushed in where the massive Boeing-Vertol tram had collided broadside.

A large crowd had gathered. Someone speculated that the driver was probably English, and had been looking the wrong way. The next day's Chronicle said there had been several fatalities - and yes, the driver was from Britain.

I live in Humboldt now.  My experience over the years has taught me to be more cautious at intersections.  When you see another driver approaching from a side street, you hope for the best.  But it's hard to say what will happen, if all you see is the back of their head.

If you want to know why the guy in the white Subaru just honked - it's because he thinks you might be British.

No comments:

Post a Comment